Sunday, September 21, 2008

Photos!

Now it's time to play catch up with photos!

I managed to get the pictures from the camera and onto my laptop. I'm editing them as I type.

So, without further ado, here's a selection of photos from Iqaluit!

The view of the airport from my room in the college residence.

A plane as seen from my room.


This is what my room is looking like.
A view from outside the college residence.

The college residence. I'm on the 2nd floor, on the other side of the building.

The first stop sign I came upon.

Some old pipes on the walk to the Nunavut Research Insitute.

The view of a river coming through town. Huge culvert, and lots of garbage.
Here's an example of the strange architecture here. "Ice cube tray" styling, this is the firehall.

Cookie-cutter houses, rows upon rows.

More houses.

Finally I saw the sun, right at sunset.

Neat picture I took of a statue of Sedna.
Wild bones.
A new friend and fellow researcher studying Toxicology and analyzing soil samples; Alexis.

Inukshuk on a ridge.

View from the ridge.

Myself and an inukshuk on a ridge.

Icicles.

Some plant life cased in ice near a tiny waterfall.

Interesting colours found on the hills of Iqaluit.

A pile of rocks at the top of a ridge.

A lone iceberg that has been in the bay since the summer time.


Enjoy the photos, I'll be putting up some more in the next few days! (Comments appreciated)

No comments: